View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Which Tablets are the Most Open?

I want a tablet where I can easily move my data on and off the device easily, either via a USB-cabled device (external drive, USB key, etc) or via an SD-card.

I do not want to be restricted to a proprietary cloud.

Presumably having this facility will reduce my need for internal memory space as I can move my data on and off. Though it would be nice to be able to expand internal storage using an SD-card.

I also want to be able to purchase media from a variety of sources (including using my ripped DVD's / CD's and reading my existing DRM-purged ebooks) and importing and using them on the device. I don't want to be locked into one vendor's store.

I don't care about the size or the speed particularly. I'm am concerned with 'openess.' I appreciate there is no such thing as an open device, but some devices are more open than others.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote