View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 02:14 AM   #1810
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Kara Gillian series by Diana Rowland

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I just finished reading the 3rd book in Diana Rowland's Kara Gillian series, Secrets of the Demon and it turned out to be the best in the series thus far as it really added a lot to the overall series arc as well as telling a suspenseful and exciting free-standing story. Kara even has her own version of Butters who it turns out used to be an Olympic level gymnast, now a CSI tech!. Kara is kinda' Murphy with arcane talents. Kara Gillian is almost as much fun as Harry Dresden and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series. In fact, I'll begin reading the 4th book, Sins of the Demon right now! Three cheers for Diana Rowland and Kara Gillian!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I really liked the series up to and including the fourth book. The fifth book, Touch of the Demon, led the series in a completely different (and imho disappointing) direction.
Quote:
DRAT! Here's hoping that when I get to the 5th book it doesn't disappoint me as much as it did you. This series seems so promising at this point.
Quote:
Well, I'll be curious as to what you think
Quote:
Ok, going to start the 5th one next, boy the 4th one certainly ended in a cliff hanger!
Quote:
It did indeed! Maybe my expectations for the resolution to the cliffhanger inflated during the wait between releases.
Quote:
Well, I do have the advantage of not having to wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Rowland in her blog
All right, maaaaaybe there’s more news. In spring of 2012 my lovely editor agreed to buy three more books in the White Trash Zombie series, as well as four more in the Kara Gillian series. That brings the total books in each series to six and nine, respectively, and I’m pretty sure that’ll be enough to complete the story arcs I have planned for both.

Also, I just turned in White Trash Zombie Apocalypse, which will be out Jul 2, 2013. And, the next book in the Kara Gillian series will be Fury of the Demon, which will most likely be out near the end of the year.
Wow! Now I am in the position of having to wait for the next book! And boy-O-boy am I ever impatient! I really enjoyed this series. Also I see what treadlightly meant about book 5 taking the storyline in a different direction, but it didn't bother me in the least. I did miss the cop/investigator thing but not so much as to its lack detracting from the story.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote