View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Un-jusified. I'm not a fan of having to justify my text and then try turning on hypenation and praying it works. Hyphenation is evil anyway.

As for this being a duplicate thread, I dunno about anyone else but I tend to hang out here more than ebook general and don't remember seeing the other one.
Hyphenation, when done carefully, can be an effective way to make justification work more smoothly, but you do have to be wary of using the defaults.

ETA: I meant to say also: I tend to hang out here most too (and a few other selected threads), if I start to wander the other subforums too much I lose half-a-day and don't get anything else done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I do not like full justification in any medium but its a minor detail, not enough that will impact my buying or enjoyment of a book.
This response surprised me. Your first book appears to be fully justified, was that your choice or something that happened during the conversion process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, I didn't forget. The reason was to get precise numbers and don't care would have skewed the numbers.
I think they call that asking a loaded question. It's like those phone surveys they do. If you only ask for those responses you want to hear, you get to ignore those ones you don't want by pretending they don't exist. I see "Don't care" as a fully legitimate and distinct response to the question of text justification.

Last edited by gmw; 02-02-2013 at 10:09 PM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote