View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #109
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCPhreak
diags mode freezes before I can do anything).

For the record: I tried bootmodes factory and reset and although my kindle did "something" after reboot, it refused to load correctly.
Some little thing that confused me: The "Adjust battery" in diags mode often reports a negative battery charge current. Still, that screen assured me that charging the battery works. When the Kindle is connected to a charging device, the device battery level rises.. (up to 100 where it is at the moment).
Does it mean, that you can select "Adjust battery", but can't select Enable USBnet? As you wrote, dd the main partition with correct backup should fix it.

Can you select in diags "Export USB device"?
If so, you can try to install RUNME hack and put RUNME.sh with proper commands inside to Kindle. For that proper content refer partially to instructions here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...70&postcount=3

From link above follow instructions from point 1)
EXCEPT - the data.tar.gz download from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169645
(see attached files)
Thanks geekmaster, I didn't know that exists some universal file.

I think that's all I can say to your problem.
Also I appreciate that you asked after trying all options and you was looking on forum for answers.

murz_07:
Spoiler:
you can download whole partition from first post and extract the kernel.

EDIT: murz_07: Nope, you can't

Last edited by hostar; 03-30-2012 at 02:44 AM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote