View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #21
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
There isn't a single occasion on which i wished my iPhone had traditional multitasking. Not once.

I actually had to use hacks on my old HTCs, to kill processes instead of just minimizing. LOL.

BUT, the one, and only one dealbreaker for me, would be if the iPad does not support Flash.

No Flash, No Buy....
No need to hack it, just a long press on the X will close a program, a short press will minimize it.

For me multitasking is a must. Always have an IM program running in the background so that I can be reached quickly and easily when I am traveling(and push is just toooooo slow). Also it is great to listen to the radio in the background or the news on my slingbox while working on an e-mail. I tried all this on the iphone 3G after jailbreaking and it starts to move at a glacial pace. I guess the reason Apple doesn't want us to multitask is that they want to find out they cheaped out on program memory. On my iphone that goes down to around 5MB with just 3-4 things running! And, of course, there is the battery.

Yes, there are ways to work around the lack of multi tasking. But I don't see any reason why I shouldn't expect such a basic feature?

And, of course, the other biggie. Flash, how can you browse without it?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote