View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #54
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by telharmonium View Post
I've been reading the noob's guide to debricking at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk If I understand you correctly, you are advocating that I reinstall the Kindle 3's operating system from an image like an ISO, and you are offering to incorporate physkeyb into this image? Yes please, and thank you again for the kind offer.
I just have 2 questions.
1) Do I really have to charge the Kindle for 3 or 4 days? It's behaving more or less normally, I can read on it.
2) part of the debricking instructions says "Press the volume button." Does this mean you can press either the - or the + side of the oval volume button
BTW I think I live in a very different time zone (GMT + 8) than some (most?) of you. We seem to post at different times of the day. I just want to mention that I check this thread at various times during my day, and that I'm very grateful for everyone's help and attention.
Use the volume down key, and charge at least until it gets to 100%. (or for 20 hours.)
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote