View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #23
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
I second Storm Front (it's the third time I vote for it, but IMHO it does not qualify exactly as "Horror"...) and Shelley's Frankenstein.
i think that your 'does not qualify exactly' statement is pointing out a fallacy (can't think of a better word right now) in our human need to classify things. taken on its prime elments, the dresden files series of novels can be easily classified in crime, mystery, fantasy, horror and even romance (well, not so much).

for instance, using this quote from the 2nd dresden novel, 'fool moon', how would you classify this novel?
Quote:
“They’re killing people, and if we don’t stop them they’re going kill a lot more. Especially me, because I know too much. I’m a danger to them. But I don’t want that. I don’t want anyone to get killed. Not us, and not them. Maybe they deserve it. Maybe not. The power they grabbed has turned into a drug for them, and they’re not really in control of themselves anymore. I just don’t think we’d be much different than them if we went in there planning to wipe them out. It isn’t enough to stand up and fight darkness. You’ve got to stand apart from it, too. You’ve got to be different from it.”
certainly not horror, but the novel is full of werewolves.

Last edited by alansplace; 09-20-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: add some stuff
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote