Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #60
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Is this an epub or kepub? For an epub, 2.3.1 has a bug in how the reader keeps track of the current chapter. This also affects how it records the reading position for when you reopen the book. It is possible that the 2.3.1 is having a problem with the position stored by the previous firmware. Try opening the TOC, and selecting the current chapter. Then see if you can page forward to where you are up to. If that doesn't work, delete the book from the device and add it again.
The book is Blindsight by Peter Watts, a free epub from Feedbooks. Deleting and reloading the book didn't help. I leave the book on page 160 of 259, and when I reopen the book the page number shows 160, but upon closer inspection it is actually on page 155, so when I turn the page it correctly advances to the next page and the page number changes from 160 to 156.

So the problem is not that it turns to the wrong page, just that it is opening the book at the wrong page while displaying the number of the page that it should have opened at rather than the one it actually did open at.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote