View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
command line vs GUI (PDF->MOBI for K2)

I'm a MAC user who is new to e-readers and my Kindle is on it's way.
I'm trying to convert some PDFs before it gets here.

The 0.4.140 GUI choked on several of my PDFs. (See trac.) I tried "any2mobi filename" on one and it seems to have worked -- no errors reported, but I don't have a reader....

I could write a script to traverse the directories use any2mobi on my PDFs. But ...

1) How do I make the GUI (database?) aware of them? This will be important when I get to the "Send to device" phase.

2) There's a lot of probably important options to any2mobi that I don't know what to do with.

3) Does meta data need to live in the mobi files? Or will Calibre share them with the Kindle through some other mechanism? I had to get a good regex to get the metadata from the filenames and tell calibre to not read metadata from the files. I imagine those results are currently in the DB, not the PDFs.

Does anyone have a good workflow for converting a large number of PDFs to MOBI for the Kindle?? I saw a good-looking workflow post that combined Calibre with something else, but I can't find it now.

Thanks,
tlc

Last edited by tlc; 02-24-2009 at 03:18 PM.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote