View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Just to be clear, I don't think this is a problem of the mobipocket format (but maybe it is, I don't know). It is a "problem" of the mobiperl scripts, which Tompe created, and maybe it is not trivial to fix (or he needs some motivation ). I'm very grateful to him for creating this tool, anyway.
ha okay, sorry. i am also very grateful to developpers who make tools for us. but if it is a problem only with that script, i do hope he will find the motivation and the time to fix it.

Quote:
It might happen that mobigen (or whatever its name is) does not have the same behaviour, but if I understand the web page correctly, it will always reduce the image size below ~64kB. With mobiperl, at least, I know how to prevent this quality reduction, and I know the resulting mobi file works fine in the desktop reader and in the Cybook.
yes, makes sense to me.
Quote:
If this problem is solved, I may try again having the full-size images in line. And I'll probably do it that way with the ePUB version (if I live long enough to do it ).
okay well fingers crossed for a solution. and just keep away from falling pianos, clifftops, and out-of-control buses please !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote