View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibtp View Post
Hi, thanks for the advice. I did a work around. I changed don't to do not, or used the special characters to at the apostrophe. I italicized instead of using the " ( ) " to make it easier.

I did notice that if I found the symbol I needed, copied and pasted, then it showed up.

Oh well.

Finished the ebook, cleared up the 2 errors that FlightCrew found. Now having an issue with Amazon accepting the CLEAN/VALIDATED epub. But this is another issue that I've posed as a separate thread.

Thank you for your help and suggestions.
Patrice
standard (straight) quotes, apostrophes and parenthesis are standard (on the US Keyboard) symbols. These should never give you issue.

Curly Quotes are in the special characters tool box (you can code them by hand in CV if you want) . These need to be used with a supporting font (not all includ these characters)
You have something horribly wrong in either your stylesheet and or coding.

If you want, post JUST your stylesheet (you will need to add dotTXT (styles.css.txt) to the file to be able to attach to a MR post). We might spot something.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote