View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
It doesn't affect the battery but a full discharge at least once will make the battery meter more accurate.

I saw this on another web site: "The lifespan of your lithium-ion battery should last between 400-500 charge and discharge cycles. Depending on your usage, this usually amounts to 2-3 years. After that, your battery will have a reduced capacity charge and only hold 80% of a new cell. So in actual fact, your lithium-ion battery can last a good while longer than 3 years."

That site does not mention whether those cycles are full or partial. However, after the 400 to 500 charges one can still get an 80% charge and for our Paperwhite readers it will not really be that noticeable.

In addtion, most of us will be buying a new Kindle every year so, even if we charge every day, that would only be 365 charge cycles - well within the 100% capacity.

The referenced site is here:

http://gemini-lights.com/explore/how...um-ion-battery

I charge my PW every 15 days and get between 10 and 12 hours of specific reading cycles. I charge my KFHD7-32 every 12 days and get between 4.5 to 7 hours of specific use for app functions and reading.

I notice that the smaller day cycles are associated with the larger use hours and visa versa. Thus, you could get 20 hours of battery use on both if you used 8 hour reading sessions. Most of the time my reading sessions are much, much smaller.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-12-2013 at 10:17 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote