View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Hi All,

Lately I've been wanting to expand my field of reading....new authors and new genres. So I'm looking for ideas.

<snip>
I love all sorts of science fiction.
Been getting into urban fantasy a bit but have gone off epic fantasy.
I like the book to have a good pace but am not averse to a well written slower paced book that is interesting.

<snip>

Cheers,
PKFFW
Hi PKFFW,

for science-fiction: Rendezvous with Rama by A. C. Clark; Dune (of course!); Forge of God by Greg Bear, and if you like it, Anvil of Stars is a follow-up.

For something that approaches the supernatural without delving too deeply, John Connolly is excellent.

Someone I just discovered recently: Mick Herron. somewhat literary, but his books are thrillers, through-and-through, with lashings of humor.

Cheers,

Michael P
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote