View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Best stand alone novels - any genre, any author

Hi All,

Lately I've been wanting to expand my field of reading....new authors and new genres. So I'm looking for ideas.

I don't want to say too much about what I like to read as the idea is to branch out to things different to what I normally read. However........

I love all sorts of science fiction.
Been getting into urban fantasy a bit but have gone off epic fantasy.
I like the book to have a good pace but am not averse to a well written slower paced book that is interesting.

So why "stand alone" novels?

I want to try new stuff but when I read I like to know how the story ends so I don't want to get hooked into a series unless I know I like the genre or author.

It's fine if the suggested book is part of a series so long as the book can be read, understood and enjoyed(and "finishes") without the need to read to read the other books in the series.

So hit me with your best shots please!

Cheers,
PKFFW

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-06-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: changed "along" to "alone"
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote