View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
I like to address the first one. As I had this discussion not too long ago in a online web development course.

HTML5 is still a few years away. So why is he even bringing that up? I am glad he admits they basically do the same thing as adobe though, I will give him credit there, but you can't use HTML5 as your arguement if it isn't ready.

2nd point:

Netflix uses silverlight, and they created an App specific to iPhone, but the Youtube app he talks about, the problem is YOU DO NOT GET ALL youtube videos. (I have an iPhone and some of my videos don't work). Adobe is right that, 75% of the web is flash. It is annoying when I try to go to a website and just get ? and not be able to browse the site on my phone.

Third reason

I am not buying it. I mean really not buying it. Also Adobe has shown flash running perfectly on the Droid, so that fails. The security thing, every website has security issues.

Fourth reason, battery life.

Really?

Fifth reason-

Again I am not buying that either since I since touch devices can handle it (again adobe has shown videos).

Sixth Reason-

Apple's stance to continue to put down third party developers. This is why a lot of people do not buy Mac's there is not many alternatives to Apple products.

I am not a Apple Hater, I have MAC OS x on my netbook, and have an iPhone, but these reasons are all flawed to anyone who actually knows something about technology. This seems to be targeted to casual people to convince them to get an iPad.

Honestly I want an iPad, but I am not spending that ridiculous amount of money for one.