Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #884
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
o.k. some more information after changing the margin values and syncing JBPatch. This is the content of opt/jbpatch/com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.margins.txt:

# This file is a configuration file, and may contain important settings.
# Change this file at your own risk, and only if you know what you are doing.

reader.content.topMargin=30
reader.content.topMarginOffset=10
reader.content.bottomMargin=30
reader.progressbar.footer.height=30
reader.content.leftMargin=40
reader.content.rightMargin=40
font.wordsperline.margin.list.default=40
font.wordsperline.margin.list.fewer=80
font.wordsperline.margin.list.fewest=120

Next I changed the specific margin values inside the txt file by hand (all 0) and restarted the reader. Then opened JBPatch and found ... the values = 0. Exactly the values I changed by hand. And alas - inside the document the margin settings have changed visibly.

Looks like JBPatch did not change the com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.margins.txt - but why?
Well, that brings us closer to the source of the problem.

Obviously, the settings are correctly read, but they aren't always correctly saved. Do you see anything strange in the JBPatch log file? (System tab; the scrolling method is a bit weird because of the way that Amazon implemented it. Essentially, just use it as if you were scrolling on a smartphone, i.e. "drag" the content).

As said, I can't reproduce the problem. I have double checked everything: I am logged in (=registered with Amazon), I have wireless turned on, and I also rebooted the device just in case. For me, everything continues to work just fine. I'm essentially helpless - I can't provide solutions for problems that I can't reproduce and therefore don't understand

So please, @kbaerwald, but also @anybody else who is affected by this: provide as much information as you can.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote