View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #26
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I just checked out this series on Wikipedia. There are two Posadas County series, the first featuring septuagenerian Bill Gastner as Undersheriff, then Sheriff, of Posadas County. Heartshot is first in the series and has been free in the past so many of us may already own it. Scavengers, offered free today, is first in the next series focusing on Undersheriff Estella Reyes-Guzman, after Bill Gastner's retirement.
Myself, I wouldn't call them two separate series. Estella Reyes-Guzman appears in all (or almost all, can't remember for sure) of the early ones which feature Bill Gastner. And Bill Gastner doesn't disappear after he retires - he continues to appear in a regular way in the later ones. I've read all of the Posadas County mysteries, and it really is more like a shift in emphasis than two separate series. These are really quite a bit like Ed McBain's 87th Precinct series where each book has its own individual story line(s) with different characters being more or less important at different times, and then there are also some higher level storylines which develop and are resolved over multiple books.

I'm not a total fanatic about reading books only in series order, but still I would try, I think, to read them not too far out of order.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote