View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #15124
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Finished Hunting Badger which was a treat! I'd slowed down on the Tony Hillerman books recently because I was nearing the end of the series and Hillerman is no longer with us to write any more of them.

Reading Hunting Badger put me in a Native American mood, so I just began reading Jane Yellowrock 2, Blood Cross by Faith Hunter.

After getting up to chapter 7 in Blood Cross, I got sick and tired of the overall "Romance Novel" feel to it. Not to be too negative but I've abandoned it. This is definitely an unusual move for me and I was especially surprised at myself becaus I'd already read the first book in the series and had enjoyed it. Oh well!

Anyway now I've begun Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. It's the first of a 5 book series of YA novels by the same name. I'm looking to decide if I should purchase the series for my Grandson's Fire as a birthday present this Summer.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote