View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #40
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
I'm with you. If the writing is good and the characters believable and engaging, the book can be an excellent read even with a totally defective storyline. Actually the characters don't need to be believable either; just engaging will do nicely. Of course, the worse the story is and the less believable the characters are, the better the writing has to be in order to compensate, until at some point no writer alive or dead could save it.

In order of importance, my requirements are:

Good writing
Well-constructed characters
Good story

As far as what makes a good story, I'm sure there are almost as many answers as there are readers.
Sorry for going off-topic, but I just had to interrupt to give you two thumbs-up on your choice of user-name. Without a doubt... my favorite fictional swordsman of all time.

Carry on.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote