View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I've bought quite a few books from Kobo, both DRM'd and non-DRM'd but they are all 100% ePub - no sign of this Kepub format, so I don't know why the OP's are different. Perhaps it's country specific or purchased directly from an eReader rather than downloaded to a computer.

Do Kepubs work on non-Kobo readers? If not then this sounds like another nasty proprietry tie-in. One reason I like ePub is that I can buy them from anywhere and they all work on my reader.
As your device is a Sony, I am guessing you have bought the books from the Kobo site and downloaded them via the browser. If that is this case, you will have gotten an epub.

kepubs only work in Kobo devices or their reader apps. The advantages of using them is that they can be synced to the device from the Kobo server and the current reading position will also be synced. If you buy a book through a Kobo device, it will automatically download the kepub to the device. But, you can go to the shop later and download the epub.

You can look at them as "nasty proprietry tie-in". But, as far as I can see, Kobo also offer the epub version of all the books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote