View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
My professors in university always accepted that people had different editions. That was why you had to specify in your bibliography which edition you were using---the idea was that anybody could go and get your same edition and then use your citation to check your reference. With that criteria in mind, I can't think of any professors that would have had a problem with ebooks. I would just say 'Kindle edition' and cite the location and anybody could get the Kindle edition, navigate to the location I mention and check my reference.

If I did have a professor who was a luddite and wouldn't let me cite a Kindle edition, what I would do is use the Kindle as my reading version so I wouldn't need to spend all my time in the reserve stacks of the library, then just sign out the print copy from the reserve desk and use it to write down page numbers.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote