Thread: Forum policies
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #22
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
They're not explicitly spelled out within the policy, no, and perhaps they could be more clearly stated, but they're basically implied in the first paragraph

But, to put them in more explicit terms: we're trying to comply with the law in as much as we're able, and also trying to avoid anything that might get us shut down, or even just on the pointy end of any Cease and Desist notices.
The first paragraph I read like a moral statement that assumed one moral view. Your clarification is another statement and one that I agree with. It is your clarification that should be used to motivate things I think. Personally I do not agree with the moral view that you should hinder distribution of information just to not in any remote way encourage people to break the law and it would be bad if this forum held this moral view.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote