View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #17
TheSeeR
TheSeeR began at the beginning.

Device: Bokeen Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Hum, where did you get the 2.0 firmware !!!!!

You have a colored Opused and using Public 2.0 firmwre is really a bad thing to do, you may brick your device or render it unusable/unupdatable...

Never, I really say *NEVER* use 2.0 Public Firmware on Opuses "2.0" *NEVER*

Try to redownload the 2.1 from the bookeen website in case of theire have reported corrupted download on the 2.1/1.6 firmware that could brick the device. Please be careful.
Well, getting 2.0 firmware was not as hard as it sounds >,< Just surf Google.

And when u say "never use 2.0 firmware", I'm starting to wonder how it turned to be that I had 2.0 firmware preinstalled onto my Opus? I've checked the version before installing 2.1 - it was 2.0!

Quote:
Try to redownload the 2.1 from the bookeen website in case of theire have reported corrupted download on the 2.1/1.6 firmware that could brick the device. Please be careful.
thnx, I'll try that, but I guess it won't work... =( That bloody loading pic doesnt' leave the screen, although installation process starts perfectly. But when turning the book on, the starting pic blinks, and then stucks.

As for sending my device to Bookeen. Guess that it'll take to long, as I'm located in Russia. I'll first try to replace my device in the store where I bought it.

P.S.: PC doesn't see the book anymore. It only charges it through the USB slot.

Last edited by TheSeeR; 11-03-2010 at 01:35 AM.
TheSeeR is offline   Reply With Quote