View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I do not remember reading anything set in my town. I do not remember reading anything set specifically in my country either ;-). With the exception of stuff written by our national writers. For the last 20 years I read almost exclusively in English, and English writing writers do not usually set the books in my insignificant European country, let alone town.

I do enjoy reading books set in places where I have traveled. It gives me feeling like I know the place better than other [non-resident, obviously] readers.

The most recent example. While I was in USA I happened to read some stuff I have purchased (long ago with a huge discount) from our resident Scott Nicholson. Some of the books were set in the general area where I was staying and I liked that.

Last edited by kacir; 05-14-2013 at 08:17 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote