View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJWood View Post
Erm thanks but where does this give me the setting to import author and title from filename and import the remaining tags / cover art from the file?
Here's a couple of 'maybe' ideas

Maybe one way to do it would be to extract the opf from from the MOBI with the MobiUnpack plugin and then use the from-opf option of the ebook-meta command to update the Calibre metadata with what's in the opf file - see http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/ebook-meta.html. I think the MobiUnpack plug-in is a wrapper around a command line program, if you used the latter should make it simpler to write a script

Maybe another way would be to find something that would take the author & title from the file name and inject them into the relevant fields in the MOBI. You'd do this before you added the books to Calibre. Then set Calibre to get the author & title from inside the book - along with everything else - when it adds the book.

I assumed you'd get a simple answer by now - maybe this post will prompt such a thing

BR

Addenda : I x-posted with DoctorOhh's post - he's given you a simple answer - but as he said - its one at a time.

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-07-2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: ack DrO's post
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote