View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
rglk
rglk began at the beginning.

Device: PC (Linux)
[SOLVED] Convert mobi to pdf with serif font, not Arial

I have a mobibook that I can convert with Calibre to a pdf (specifying margins and upscaling all fonts from 12 to 14 pt). With that I get a pdf that looks nice on my laptop but the text is in the Arial font which I don't like.

Various ebook readers (K4PC, MobiPocket reader, Calibre) all display this mobibook in various serif fonts, as set in their preferences, and when I unpack the mobibook with mobiunpack.py or Calibre (ebook-convert mobi to oeb), I get html source files that will be displayed in various web browsers in the latter's default fonts, generally set by me to Times New Roman. There doesn't seem to be any specification of a particular font face in the html files or css stylesheets produced by unpacking the mobibook. Why then is Calibre putting out the pdf in Arial? Can I set that to some other font face?

If Calibre can't do this, could I do it in pisa or wkhtmltopdf on the source html's? Without setting any special command line switches these two programs put out the pdf in Helvetica and Arial, resp., neither of which I like.

How can I convert that mobibook to a pdf with a serif font such as Garamond, Times New Roman or Georgia?

Last edited by rglk; 04-02-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: solved
rglk is offline   Reply With Quote