View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizaster View Post
All I really want to do , is read :-)
Its not unusual for me to go through 5 or 6 books in a month , I always buy new , so some part of the ebbok idea is to reduce my costs on books and to reduce the 'clutter' as my wife calls it, of all my books around the house :-)

Dont need to anotate stuff or make notes .
Hi, the PRS-600 screen is not very good. In practice, the text looks fuzzy which makes it hard to read. I have also heard of glare problems. This is directly do to the layer that was added to the screen to allow it to be a touch screen. The Kindle3 and the PRS-650 screens are both better than the best of the previous generation screens. So, if your choice is limited between the PRS-600 and the Kindle3... Well, lets put it this way, even with my issues with Amazon's closed eco-system, I would have a hard time not buying the Kindle3... the difference in the screens is just that big. Now if it was a device without the touch screen like the Nook, or the Sony PRS-300, that might be a different story.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote