Thread: Deleting a date
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC3 View Post
This doesn't work for custom date fields. The "date" field clearly visible in the Metadata window appears to be an Calibre record create date. Clearing that with the recycle icon works, but doesn't help with the same issue on other, custom, date fields.

I noticed the "Tag" metadata drop down. This is showing some of my custom fields, but not all. I know why a column built from another column wouldn't appear - I purposely didn't pic the option that indicated the new field would behave like a tag.

But, but there are is one date and number custom field type, neither of which specify "behave like tag". So, no column created as a date or number types are appearing in the tag list.

Where do you access them that has a recycle icon to clear the value?

???
Custom Date columns come with a 'Clear Date' button in the metadata editor

You can't have a 'date' list tag . Tags lists are TEXT (includes digits)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote