View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #413
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I used this at FLP to suggest a couple of books in the Xanth series and about 2 months later, I got a notification that they were available and being held for me. Of the two local libraries that I have access to, only one offers this option. I'm hoping the other might get it with the upgrade.
OK, I just had a quirky issue with this... I got three emails tonight (two from FLP and one from one of my local libraries) along the lines of:

Quote:
Dear Library Patron,

Per your request, we are notifying you of Free Library of Philadelphia's recent purchase of Ogre, Ogre by Piers Anthony at your recommendation.

Also per your request, we have automatically added you to the waiting list for this title at your library's website.

Please visit http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com...D-D2D071637AFA for more information about this title.

Thank you,
Free Library of Philadelphia
What's strange about it is that I already got notified on all of these and checked out the titles mentioned: the FLP ones were from 12/8/12 and 12/9/12 and the local one was from 11/9/12. Even though the email says I was added to the waiting list, I was not on the waiting list for any of the three titles. Looks like the notification system is broken.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote