View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #16
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
We have the lists of which states apply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The thing is, the publishers, or their distributors, should be able to provide you with the info on what they need you to charge (you're collecting it on their behalf). If their presence isn't in a county or city that charges an additional tax then it shouldn't come into play they're only charged when the business (publisher) has a presence specifically in that city/county. Just like Astak would charge CA tax to anyone in CA, but if San Jose has an extra tax would charge that to folks in San Jose, but not charge a city/county specific tax to someone in San Francisco (assuming they had a city tax) unless Astak actually had a physical presence in that city as well.

Here's a list that might help. It's where Amazon charges tax for various publishers...
Dear AnemicOak:

Thank you so much for trying to help. We did get one page lists from the publishers on which states we need to collect for. What we did not get is what the tax rate was for each state involved (found it online easily), and for each city and town (no idea on how to get this) and for district (no idea what a district is and how we are supposed to find the rate).

Ordinarily, when regulations of this nature are made, the info comes in a pamphlet WITH the regulation. I have to agree with cfrizz and davimee: it almost seems like they do not want us to sell. What is missing here is caring about the consumer!! I went online this weekend and checked every online bookstore I could think of after checking EZRead first for a book for my wife called The Lawyer. I could find it in audio form but never found it in EPUB anywhere. Her reaction: "These eBooks thingees are never going to go over as long as people cannot find what they want quickly and easily".

Then I bought her another eBook on EZread.com. That went fine in putting what she wanted in the cart. THEN... I tried to find a way to get a second book into the cart from an Independent Offer. That was endless fristration. I aim to get this improved today!! I was very disappointed!

Last edited by Robertb; 06-28-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote