View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #72
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulckennedy View Post
A marketing department would pay the Agent for the views of his Ads as reported back from the devices. And I agree that the technical side is the easier part of the problem.
My devices don't speak to the web; they'd have no idea whether I saw ads. That, of course, is aside from the doc conversion issues. They might try embedding ads in PDFs, which will hold all sorts of dynamic content--I wind up removing the lock just to crop out the margins, and as long as I'm doing that, I delete any annoying pages.

Quote:
The ePub standard is still in its infancy so NOW is the time to do the thinking. I see advertising coming whether we like it or not. Since it is coming, shouldn't the mechanics of how it could emerge be thought out so that the standard allows for its inclusion?
EPub is HTML with a special viewing filter. It's got all the problems (and potentially, all the advantages) of any website.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote