View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #43
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Colors are excellent visual cues to represent something specific. Do you use a color monitor on your PC? Would you like it to be monochrome?

Some of the next programming books coming out these days use color to very good effect also.

I didn't know I needed color in my programming IDE. All of the code was one text color... and it was 'ok'. But not with syntax highlighting/coloring it is so much easier to view the code. I can quickly tell what a symbols scope or type is and other things.

BOb
I totally agree. It's necessary for many textbooks, too. IMO good textbook support is what will bring ebook reading to the masses. When kids grow up reading their schoolbooks on a device, it will seem at least as normal to them as wood pulp.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote