View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
BD should accept pictures with no problem. I've included dozens in a single book. Are you using the "insert" menu to insert the picture?

To alter the font of a title, go to the make sony books pane and click on styles. Set the title style to your chosen font and size.

It is possible to include more than one font in the text itself. In the make Sony book pane, go to the tabs and tweak the epigraph style, so that it is your second font. Edit the relevant portion of text so that it is set as an epigraph.
Alright, the problem seems when I reload the book in BD,that pictures disappear, and they just need to be deleted, and re-inserted.

other issues like having a book, saving it, and reloading does sometimes lead to loss of work (like I get a lot of page breaks added, titles misplaced, etc...)

I've been busy learning, gathering sources, etc... for other documents. There are some good books coming up soon (if I can get them finished hopefully)!

But back to this book, I've already created a nice TOC for this book.
I also installed MS Word,now the 'o' from "Coordinating" is correct.

I still have issues with the emdashes, I added 2 files to bookcleaner but am not 100% sure if they are the right ones that convert the emdashes.

the forum is really a wonderful help, but if I'm not careful I spend all day reading,and the actual work goes very slow...
I want to get the hang of BD and LRF creation fast, before I resume work again, so that I'll be able to fairly easily add books after work,and not have to spend time figuring things out then!
It's maybe good being disabled for a couple of weeks! Keeps me busy doing some fun things!

Also I gotten to the footnotes-thing.
I've taken a lot of time learning some more detailed functions on BookDesigner, but I don't really get what the point is in selecting footnotes.
In the first version here online I selected footnotes as annotations.
Now I can select them as footnotes, but they appear just like before linking to somewhere in the document.
I don't really understand yet how to make them link down,and disappear of the text.

If someone can help me in explaining how to do that, I'll update the footnotes by tomorrow if everything goes alright...

Unfortunately my BD crashed (again), so I'll leave v2 for tomorrow!

Like this (with the TOC and extra pictures) the book is already pretty useful,
and I gained some knowledge redoing the same book about 5 or 6 times .

Last edited by ProDigit; 11-25-2008 at 10:51 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote