View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
You can enter new information for your account, but I thought I'd read that the DRM is related to the credit card used to register the Nook in the first place? I haven't tried to strip DRM so I am not speaking from experience.
I was 99% sure that when you changed your credit card it would change it for all books purchased. I just decided to check as I had to change mine a couple of years ago. I was able to download and open a book on my iphone that I purchased with the old credit card. (I bet this book was purchased 2 credit cards ago.) I know this worked at eReader and Fictionwise when they were around.
Poodlemom is correct. What matters is the credit card number that is attached to the account at the time of the file download. So if you downloaded and archived files when a different credit card was active, you'd need that number to open that particular copy of the files. However, you can always re-download newer copies that have the current credit card number attached from your Library on the B&N website or via the Nook for PC app (presumably Nook for Mac as well?).

I changed credit card numbers a couple of times on my B&N account before I actually started downloading and stripping the DRM from my files and I had no trouble getting the older ones to work.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote