View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I spend about $100-$150 a month on books. This includes my Audible membership.

I read mainly romances, some cozy mysteries and urban fantasy. For me reading keeps me calm and gives me an escape from real life. When I am feeling stressed, worrying or upset I can pick up my Kindle and just leave it all behind. It relaxes me and is good for my blood pressure and fast beating heart.

This is how I justify spending so much:

I've had to give up so much in past years due to my health. I can't have soda, coffee or tea or any alcohol. I can't eat anything spicy or Italian (Tomatoes and Sauces) so I haven't had a pizza in years and I can no longer eat Chocolate since 4 years ago. Most Veggies are out too and I love Salads. Even fruit except the dried kind. I can't even have a greasy cheese hamburger. *sigh*
So with all that money I save on the stuff I can't eat I buy books instead. I don't have any other hobbies so when you break it all down it isn't alot.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote