View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #55
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's just a rather silly cover. The girl in blue is doing a "I've painted myself blue and I'm dancing around the room so stop paying attention to her and pay attention to me" dance.
Spoiler:
The girl in blue is genetically engineered to be a top-flight dancer/acrobat and a member of a dance troupe in different jewel colors. How and why is a plot point. The other girl is her half sister who wants nothing more than a quiet life on an island paradise.

The dude on the cover lives a low-key life as a first-class slacker (out of self-defense--his family is composed of galactic-class schemers and over-achievers). And politics on Barrayar is a blood sport. The fun is watching him have to actually exercise his native talent without ruining his rep.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote