View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
So you did not download it (yourself) from a European website.
No. I don't see what difference it makes, though. Either I got the US version of the file (because of the region settings of the software) and it did install fine on my European T2 or I got a European version of the file because it checked the hardware.

In any case, I would've thought that you asked because you wanted, you know, to actually install the update (which, as I can confirm, works splendidly). And since you'd be happy with an .exe file, I'd say Windows isn't a big problem for you. You could even refuse to install the update and just grab the file from your download directory once the Sony software has downloaded it.

You could even uninstall the Sony software if you don't like it.

Pardon me for trying to help.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote