Thread: Touch Chinese on Nook touch ?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #10
aso1964
aso1964 began at the beginning.

Device: nook touch
Hi, jackslao

I hope your problem with chinese character have been solved. But if you haven't, i think i might have the solution, i am from Myanmar and i have rooted the device, i also tried to change fall back font for nook touch with root explorer without success, . So here is what i did, first i copied original fonts folder from nook touch with root explorer, which is in "device>system>fonts" and paste it to my desktop, then i rename "zawgyi.ttf" (which is burmese fonts) to "DroidSansFallback.ttf" (in your case it should be HDZB_75.TTF or something follow by .ttf, you just figure it out) and paste it(replaceDroidSansFallback.ttf) to original fonts folder which i have copied earlier.
Now, i told you i have rooted my nook touch, in case you haven't and don't know how to root your str here is the link (http://www.inspiredgeek.com/2011/07/...outube-how-to/). After you have rooted your str, take out sd card and copy your modified fonts folder to that sd card, like this (TOUCHNOOTER(*)>nooter>system>fonts)
and root your str again with sd card. That is, your are done, you don't even have to embed fonts in the document, and i can read web pages which was written in Myanmar fonts too. (sorry if my instruction is too complicated)
aso1964 is offline   Reply With Quote