View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #11
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I have already agreed several posts up that changing the case of an author should also change the case of the sort value stored with that author. That change is done.
However, recognizing the ambiguity in the above sentence, I have changed it to be "You can click the button next to author sort to have |app| automatically fill it in using the sort values stored with each author. Use the ``Manage authors`` dialog to see and change the authors' sort values. This dialog can be opened by clicking and holding the button next to author sort."
Charles,

Since you are working in the area ... [G]

I've asked before and been told it's one more setting and one more too many. But surely, in all the real estate that is the preferences system now, can't there be a setting for Import Case for Titles/Authors [x] default [ ] Title Case and I'd list the rest, but the only one I care about is Title Case. I know the menu is there to right click and choose from. And I assume it will still be needed for after-the-fact changing of your mind or when the algorithm guesses wrong. But it sure does seem to be a step that can, and should be, automated.

And, since I'm taking up the bandwidth anyways, I had a spate of text articles I downloaded from a bridge site. For whatever reason, the authors were listed in LN, FN order, while I use the FN LN format for storage in Calibre. I had to go in an reverse the order, changing Kantar, Eddie to Eddie Kantar, Mollo, Victor to Victor Mollo, etc. The problem was that the txt files had no meta data. Now, it seems to me there's probably a setting to handle metadata-less txt files getting the name in the order that I want. But I can't find it. IF, on the other hand, such a setting doesn't exist, might there be space for yet another setting in the voluminous folds of Preferences? Like If comma found in author, reverse and delete comma [X]

Just asking. And remember, I've not plagued you with a request for what must seem like hours, but has been actually days at this point [G].

Thanks in advance, GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote