Thread: Goodreads
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Oh, Copia isn't some "other" book reading site? Maybe Nate should come and clarify some things for us all then...

edit:
After some help from my friend google, here's what I found:
http://www.thecopia.com/

It appears to be a site that is trying to be a whole ecosystem. Physical reader, ebook store, twitter/goodreads plugin, some sort of app on your computer [?], and discussion forum.
I'm confused more than anything after visiting the site. I know it is a beta site so all the kinks aren't worked out yet, but what is the core mission of these people?

Could be cool...
Ah. You beat me to it.

Yes, they're trying to be the whole ecosystem. They were even supposed to have e-readers that would integrate your annotations with your Copia account so they could be shared among study groups.

Her's what I see as the problem with their ecosystem idea. I already have all this stuff gathered in one place. It's called my computer.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote