View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
" FreeTime that is divided into apps, books, videos and characters."
yes that is what I am using - the free app- it is not dependent on having prime , though I do have prime.
Though if you bought the fire for kids edition it comes bundled with 12 months of their kids subscription package, you'll find out in month 13 when the renew nag kicks in.
If you are seeing lots of kids stuff preloaded it must be in that deal. I had to trawl throuhg apps and books buying suitable freebies as Id bouhgt a used, empty tablet.
The 2012 HD 8.9 its at amazons version of android 4.03 so there are just a few things that will only run in android 4.1 or better - e.g. i have a couple of Dr seuss interactive books which are done as interactive apps, as they need android 4.1 I can run them on the newer HDX.

Streaming from Amazon prime video is blocked in kids mode, but Netlix is allowed s an app so the kids section of that works for us. we just don't see any content under the videos tab. as " videos" to amazon, means "stuff we sold you ".

I can clear off unwanted stuff - it is easy to uninstall apps or to not allow them in the kids profile section, but if you do have the curated stuff, I guess you have no say in what is bundled

on a new fire, you drag any unwanted pre-installed app icons on top of each other which puts them all into a folder - much less home screen clutter once you do that. Only the newest models take SD cards. i have to work within the 16GB onboard storage.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote