View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 08:59 AM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
We bought our son a Kids Fire. FreeTime that is divided into apps, books, videos and characters. Everything in that section is free and downloadable. The Harry Potter books are easily found in the character tab as are all the Dr Seuss books. The screen stays in the horizontal for us when he is using it. We are Prime members so I am guessing that Kids Time Unlimited comes with Prime because we are not paying for squat. Which might have been part of our thought process a year ago when we bought the silly thing.

We have his movies downloaded but we show him those on the adult section which is easy enough to move into. I don't think we have shown him other videos on the device. Actually, he barely watches the movies we downloaded because he likes the books and games more.

The two of us have iPads. The only one who uses the Kindle Fire is our 4 year old and only when we give it to him. It is a pain in the ass, I don't like the way it organizes things or that I cannot clear off the stuff that we don't use, but we figured out the best way to find the stuff we like for him (use the character tab, find the right block like puzzles or Dr Seuss).

I would not buy a Fire for myself. I am not impressed with its speed or operating software. I love my iPad but the Kindle Fire for Kids has been awesome because it is cheap and has a ton of free stuff for the little dude. I hate downloading on it, it takes forever, but love that we could add a ton of memory to it so it has 9 movies for the Little Man.

Essentially, it sucks for customization but that is not why we bought it. We bought it because it was cheap and had a ton of good free content. When we want something that is more powerful, more easily customizable and faster we will buy something that is not an Amazon Fire or pass on our old iPad when we upgrade next. Which will be in three years or so...
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote