View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
with books you can either let them decide what it suitable by choosing a " kids" content preset, OR you can go down a list of every book you own and tick those you want to include in the child profile., so if you want to allow 50 shades of grey ( nappies) for your toddler - that's your call.
ditto for a list of apps and games, and for a list of what videos from amazon that you own.
the child profile cannot stream any amazon video so you must download then allow to be viewed in the choild profile.

For Books, a very simple work-around is to install Alkido ( which I own) allow that epub reader app in the profile, feed it epubs via Calibre companion. Job done

Similar issues for Videos - amazon thinks a "video" is something that was bought from their instant video library ONLY, but you can allow an app like VLC for Fire and have it find whatever you sideload.

I have 2 other hard issues to try to work-around for the cheap hd8.9 2nd gen.
1. Plex app is allegedly not compatible, and
2. BBC i player app says downloads for offline viewing not allowed to OS based on Android 4 - that's probably a security thing, Android 5 , 6, 7 protects their DRM content better ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote