View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #1846
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Cover View Post
Does jailbreaking a paperwhite make sense if the collections thing is your only problem?

I was disappointed on getting a paperwhite to find out that this plugin doesn't work with that model. I've found Collections to be very, very helpful in managing my previous kindle.

It's been mentioned in this thread that you can manage collections via Calibre if you "jailbreak" the paperwhite, and there's a thread on the Kindle Developer's Forum discussing that.

I'm not entirely incompetent or tech-phobic, but I don't think I was really able to follow the discussion in the Developer's Forum, and I don't understand the implications of a jailbreak (or even what the term means).

Is it worthwhile to jailbreak my paperwhite just to get the Collections functionality back; and what notes of caution should I be aware of in deciding whether to do it?
I am working on figuring out this whole thing right now. Well, I've been jailbroken and using Collection Manager for quite some time. I am now figuring out how to use the Kindle Collections Calibre plugin in conjunction.

You have to update your Kindle Collections, go here and read

It is working well, but if you use multiple Calibre libraries on the same device, there are some quirks.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-21-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling