View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:07 AM   #48
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Re Dropbox, again maybe I'm old fashioned, but even with paying extra to Dropbox to sync my personal files to their servers if I had more than 5GB (or whatever their free limit now is), I'd also want my own local backup of entire internal storage including OS, Apps, and personal files on external disk.
Dropbox keeps a local storage of your files on your computer. I keep all of my PhD related stuff in dropbox, since it automatically sync all files to the cloud and to my home machine, whenever i change something.

Wanting a backup of your entire system is pretty old school. I've never had my Mac system crash for good, and in any case a reinstall takes 30 minutes.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote