View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I see. This may work for certain tools today, but what about tomorrow? A tool may only support LRF today, but it could add support for Mobi tomorrow. What I am trying to say is that device-specific organization is very inflexible.

I totally agree with you that we could sort subforums by tool popularity.

PDFRead, Mobi2IMP and calibre are definitely great examples for tools that deserve their own subforum. On the other hand, I wouldn't make "Using perl scripts to produce .IMP ebooks" its own subforum because it's really very specific, not really tool-development related, and could work just as well in a single thread in the catch-all category or in the Fictionwise forum.
I agree with your suggestions!

That's exactly why the Fictionwise/ebookwise subforum would be necessary here; for less popular software or software that is very specific.

EDIT: added a .zip of a .html file that details the most downloaded (>150) .zip attachments from Mobileread.com in E-Books and E-Book Devices forums compiled today by me. It is sorted by Forum, Thread and Downloads. This is overkill (includes more than just software), but can be used to base which software should be included. A nice start for those that don't have access to Moderators' tools...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Most downloaded .zip attachments.zip (7.0 KB, 1292 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-30-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: changed 'Downloads' column spacing in .html to be easier to read.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote