View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
E-Ink strains my eyes.

I recently got a Kindle 2. I find it strains my eyes to read it for more than a few minutes. It's the low contrast. I can stare at a LCD monitor 16 hours a day and be perfectly fine. I find I constantly wish I could turn up the contrast on the Kindle but I can't. Is this something that I will get used to? I need to decide whether to return it or not.

I've seen E-Ink readers in China. Some have far more contrast. More than the Kindle 3. I've even seen one that really looked like ink on white paper. I thought it was a fake demo until I used it and it was real E-Ink.

The other reason I'm thinking about returning it is the browser. Do people think that Amazon will give the K2 webkit?
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote