View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Can you post a good clear photo of the screen? A lot of the time, part of the screen corrupt is a broken glass substrate. It doesn't always have to have been dropped or heavily impacted; a twisting or bending force can do it, and it may not show up till the next time you turn it on/wake it up.
it could well be that - anyway I poked & prodded the sony site some more & found a register for repair form. I also found a serial number under the back cover of the T3 so I have filled in all of that form & am waiting for them to contact me with instructions.

So hopefully it will be relatively painless & will be fixed for free.

the screen - at the top is still show the reader is in sleep mode message bar, then a chunk of a previous book cover - that then degenerates into random noise until you reach the bottom 1/4 of the screen which is working normally.
the whole image reminds me of a crashed video driver/frozen screen

when you press power button it refreshes the "good" bit of the screen only
so I can get to see bookshelves, reader store, applications icons OK but nothing higher up
so I am back to reading on my T2, This is the 1st Sony I've had that has failed.- my 650s worked until sold & the 350 is still with us, still working.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote