View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #8360
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Kenny, if I remember correctly, don't you play a musical instrument? If so, pick up an American version of the Shakuhachi. There is a guy in Vermont who makes them and one in North/South Carolina too. Quite inexpensive ( Under $50. Compared with the Japanese ones that start around $500! I'm talking about ordinary straight bamboo, but cut for a pentatonic scale, rather than the fancy bamboo Japanese styles.) and as they are Pentatonic, you can make really pretty music without knowing any particular pieces. I used to take mine with me when backpacking, as it's the perfect 'sitting on the banks of the lake or river at night' sounds.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote