View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Cool Please, test if your Paperwhite has this bug

Hello.

I've contacted Amazon to report a bug that does not permit Kindle shutting down, and what I'm being offered is a replacement. But before going to this, I woud like to know if it is really my device, as support wants me to believe, or if it may be a software bug.

I can't test another Paperwhites and not even my Paperwhite in another computers, so I'd like anyone with some time and disposition to try the following.

When the computer is shutted down while Kindle Paperwhite is charging in
it, Kindle will not turn off, not to screensaver, not even to the blank
screen. A power button reset or settings > restart is necessary.

Here is what I do and, below, the computer configuration in which I proved these 4 steps multiple times:

Spoiler:

1. Connect the Paperwhite to a fully started Windows 7 computer.

2. After it is recognized, eject it by software. Paperwhite is now on,
functional to use and charging.

3. Shut down your computer.

4. Now, Paperwhite will not turn off.

I've done this with a Vaio VPCF234FX laptop, in a USB3 port, using Calibre
to eject it.

EDIT: I've come to see it's a bug with USB3. My laptop has a USB2 port and it went normally by there in any shutdown procedure, but usually it's occupied by my mouse, and with USB3 the Kindle thing comes crazy.

Thank you very much, Talldog.

Last edited by Antoinekamel; 10-20-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: New information.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote